For students who want to improve their education while also juggling other duties, earning an online accounting degree can be a convenient option. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported that the median annual salary for accountants was $73,560 in May 2020, over twice the median annual salary for all occupations.
The University of Massachusetts-Amherst is thought to have one of the top accounting programs in the country. However, every student is different may have different things they want from their university. In order to assist students in selecting the most appropriate program for their needs, this Go Degree article discusses the University of Massachusetts-Amherst along with some other honorable mentions.
University of Massachusetts-Amherst is a great option for online studies for its wide variety of programs at the master’s level. While you can only avail of one program at the bachelor’s level, i.e., the Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting (Degree Completion), students can choose out of seven online accounting masters degrees:
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Master of Science in Accounting – Professional
- Master of Science in Accounting – Professional – Forensics
- Master of Science in Accounting – Professional – Taxation
- Master of Science in Accounting – Transitions
- Master of Science in Accounting – Transitions – Forensics
- Master of Science in Accounting – Transitions – Taxation
Compared to some other universities such as Arizona State University and the University of Alabama at Birmingham, this university doesn’t charge too high of annual tuition. At the University of Massachusetts-Amherst, students are to pay an annual fee of $14,250 for an online degree in accounting. Moreover, the median starting salary reported by students is well over $60,000.
Other Top Universities
- Annual Tuition: $15,840
- Median Starting Salary: $57,564
- Annual Tuition: $16,352
- Median Starting Salary: $54,382
- Annual Tuition: $8,756
- Median Starting Salary: $52,733
- Annual Tuition: $10,500
- Median Starting Salary: $54,752
Thinking of pursuing an online degree? Head to Go Degree for more detailed information on different programs like online marketing, management, and accounting.