DMCA Takedown Policy
GoDegree.com (“Website”) respects the intellectual property rights of others and is committed to complying with the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). This DMCA Takedown Policy outlines the procedures and requirements for reporting copyright infringement on our website and the actions we will take in response to such reports.
Reporting Copyright Infringement
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been used on GoDegree.com in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you, or your authorized agent, may submit a written notification to our designated Copyright Agent, providing the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit GoDegree.com to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to allow us to contact you, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You can submit your DMCA takedown notice to our designated Copyright Agent via email or regular mail using the following contact information:
Response to DMCA Takedown Notices
Upon receiving a valid DMCA takedown notice, GoDegree.com will take the following actions:
- We will promptly acknowledge receipt of the notice to the copyright owner or their authorized agent.
- We will investigate the reported copyright infringement.
- If we determine that the content in question is infringing upon a valid copyright, we will take reasonable and necessary steps to remove or disable access to the infringing material within a reasonable period.
- We will notify the user responsible for the infringing content of the removal or disabling of access.
If you believe that the material removed or disabled as a result of a DMCA takedown notice is not infringing, or if you have the necessary rights to use the material, you may submit a counter-notification to our designated Copyright Agent. Your counter-notification must include:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification.
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal district court located within the jurisdiction of your address and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the original DMCA takedown notice or their agent.
GoDegree.com reserves the right to terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers of copyright.
Changes to the Policy
GoDegree.com reserves the right to modify or update this DMCA Takedown Policy at any time. Any changes will be posted on this page with the revised effective date.
Please note that this DMCA Takedown Policy is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. If you have legal concerns or questions about copyright infringement, please consult with an attorney.